[vdr] Re: Scanning problems

On Monday 16 February 2004 00:06, LinuxTV Dev wrote:
> On Sunday 15 February 2004 22:54, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > LinuxTV Dev wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > In PAT are found several services identified by service_id and
> > > associated with PMT referenced by one pid.
> > >
> > > Several PMT could be transported on same pid : scan.c tool doesn't take
> > > care of that point (see attached patch for linux DVB drivers 1.0.1).
> > >
> > > PMT filtering for a service must contain tid_ext = service_id.
> > >
> > > See problem with TS on Astra-19.2E (S 12207000 V 27500000 3/4): pid
> > > 0x0512 transports several PMTs.
> > >
> > > VDR 1.3.x have same problem with autopid feature, but it's more complex
> > > to resolve.
> > >
> > > Stephane
> > >
> > > PS: This rule must be followed for all DVB tables (NIT, EIT...).
> > > In fact, tid_ext could be important.
> >
> > Can you point me to the place in teh DVB docs where this is specified?
> >
> > Klaus
>
> I suppose that this take place in ISO/IEC 13818-1 in PSI section.
> I will read them tomorrow (I have not it at home).
> DVB specifications are over implementation of MPEG 2 specifications.
>
> In fact, PAT, PMT, CAT, TSDT are specified in MPEG 2 documentations
> (ISO/IEC 13818-1).
>
> Stephane
See below ISO/IEC 13818-1 part regarding to PMT.
program (MPEG) = service (DVB)

"More than one PID value may be used, if desired"

"2.4.4.8 Program Map Table
The Program Map Table provides the mappings between program numbers and the
program elements that comprise them. A single instance of such a mapping is
referred to as a  program definition . The program map table is the complete
collection of all program definitions for a Transport Stream. This table
shall be transmitted in packets, the PID values of which are selected by the
encoder. More than one PID value may be used, if desired. The table is
contained in one or more sections with the following syntax. It may be
segmented to occupy multiple sections. In each section, the section number
field shall be set to zero. Sections are identified by the program_number
field."

Stephane