[vdr] Re: VDR newbie; problems with /dev/video0 etc

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 05:38:15PM +0100, Onno Kreuzinger wrote:
> you don't have any video0 device kvdr could use, you seem to use budget
> cards, they don't offer a picture (mpeg2 decoding) in any way.
> You must use softdevice or xine-plugin or xineliboutput to get a picture on
> your monitor.
> [or even read some more to kwon what you have and what you want ;) ]

Thanks Onno, I understand now. I did not realise that kvdr requires
overlay (it isn't clear from the web site), I had hoped it might have
the MPEG decoder built-in.

It looks like softdevice 0.0.5 with Xv output
(http://www.k13zoo.de/vdr/ and more patches http://www.lucke.in-berlin.de/)
or vdr-xine (http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/) would help.

xineliboutput seems to do the opposite.

Thanks