[vdr] Re: VDR newbie; problems with /dev/video0 etc

I did 2 installations w/o hardware stuff about 6 month ago,
i used xine-plugin for the desktop linux client, which also is used for dvd viewing and writing(P4 2,4), and i choose xineliboutput for the server (two nova budget,sat), which runs seldomly with screen on (his gf. watches tv there only when they argue too much, it is to weak to deinterlace in HQ, it a P3 866).
I did not test softdevice or any other FB/DirectFB or Xv sollution which lacks _good_ de-interlacer. not my taste, i tend to get tired eyes way faster.

just my2cents