[vdr] Re: Fifo Full - Problem while OSD active (with DXR3)

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2004 21:32 schrieb Seppo Ingalsuo:
> Hi,
>
> ma, 2004-02-16 kello 13:26, Qwasi kirjoitti:
> > While showing the OSD the DXR3 got stuck (freeze) and a „Fifo still
> > fullŽ message appears in /var/log/messages
>
> I get these too but fortunately the OSD garbage and jamming gets usually
> corrected automatically in a couple of seconds. The unstable OSD
> behavior is most annoying in video editing mode.
>
> I get also messages such as
>
> em8300.o: FIFO sync timeout during blocking write, n = 1832, copy_size =
> 0, total = 4096, free slots = 0
>
> and also
>
> em8300_video.o: Video sync rdptr is stuck at 0x00027036, wrptr
> 0x00027130, left 250
> em8300_video.o: Video sync timeout
>
> One other thing which I have observed is that recent CVS em8300 is
> rather unstable (vdr crashes, slow live-tv zapping, slow skipping in
> recordings). CVS from ~ October 2003 operates much better with my
> adv7171 based dxr3 clone and vdr 1.2.6.

I haven't checked the logs, yet - but since upgrading from ct'vdr 1.2.2 to
1.2.6 I often had DXR3 crashes when using the OSD. This happens reproduceable
when I call the OSD within the first minutes after starting VDR. While use it
happens sporadically, especially when switching between OSD table fastly
(e.g. being in Timer-menu and pressing the macro key for Recordings-menu,
which means the OSD is closed and reopened very fast).

I thougt I broke something myself, but as it seems you have such problems,
too. The interesting is that VDR doesn't recover from such a crash. It seems
VDR doesn't detect it.

Rene