[vdr] Re: EPG data for BBC

On 24/02/2004 17:50:09, Brian_Dorling@t-online.de wrote in
boerde.lists.vdr:

> Iwan,
> OK thanks. At least I now know all is OK at my side. I saw something
> about XMLTV, so I'll take another look.
>
> Cheers Brian

I've just managed to set up a Wireless AP, bridge and dial-up router on my
main server, so my VDR box now has Internet access again. I've been testing
the xmltv2vdr process: Now that Ananova no longer provides xmltv listings,
the xmltv grabber for the UK is really slow, especially on our crappy dial-
up connection. It took about 35 minutes to download 2 days' worth of
listings for 8 channels... At least you can turn off the extra detailed
information if you have a slow connection.

But anyway, xmltv2vdr (I'm using 1.0.5) works well, taking practically no
time to update the EPG.

Iwan