[vdr] Re: Howto place multiple recordings to one DVD?

Juri Haberland wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, all DVDs produced by vdrconvert/dvdauthor have problems
>>> on my stand-alone Philips DVD player - the menus just show up for a
>>> second then the recording starts. All software players show the menus as
>>> they should. Must be a dvdauthor bug.
>>
>> Did you tried the dvdauthor patch?
>>
>> http://vdrconvert.vdr-portal.de/releases/index.html
>
> Yes, I'm currenty using this version, but plan to update to the latest
> together with a patch from the dvdauthor-users ML, which hopefully
> resolve this problem. But using anything else than the version the
> vdrconvert script was designed for is asking for trouble. So I'll have to
> dig deeply into the scripts and the usage of dvdauthor :(

I made it to get multiple recordings on one DVD, thanks! I have a similar problem
with dvdauthor:

On my stand-alone player I could see the title menu but I cannot start playing.
There is a varaiable TIMEOUT (or so) in vdr2dvd.sh. Setting this to 3 seconds worked
for me, but only for the first title. I did not manage to directly jump to the selected
title.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andreas