[vdr] Re: ARM crashing again (don't buy rev 1.3, rev 1.5 for replay)

On Friday 27 February 2004 22:33, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> Jarkko Santala wrote:
> > Sorry for reposting this here, but only after no useful replies from
> > linux-dvb. Is anyone on this list having this problem (see below)? I'll
> > start using the DVB-C-card for input too as of today, but I'm afraid the
> > problem might still appear and I'll probably keep using the DVB-T-card
> > too with an indoor antenna.
>
> I'm replying on the vdr list too because it's important for people
> buying older cards for example from ebay:
> Rev 1.3 and rev 1.5 FF cards have a problem with replaying only without
> a signal attached! Rev 1.6 and later are fine.

Are you sure that the problems applies to the 1.5 DVB-S card?
DVB-S cards rev. 1.5 and 2.1 cards have the same tuner.
I tested with a 2.1 without signal and did not see any crash.

Except for the frontend, all cards are treated the same way by the driver.
So 1.5 and 2.1 should behave the same way...

Well, I don't know about the firmware, but I haven't seen any code that would
pass the revision to the firmware. The strings displayed are meaningless.

Oliver