[vdr] Re: ARM crashing again (don't buy rev 1.3, rev 1.5 for replay)

> that's not in the mainstream. It's either a total lack of information
> about Linux support for hardware, or a lot of misinformation which
> leads to expensive regrets.

Not only that - often one does not even know which version it is - i bought my
second card (also 1.3) 3 years after the first one burned out - i didn't ask
to send me exactly the same version in the siemens company store, i just got
what i "ordered".

BTW - why do so many different combinations of tuners and other chips exist at
all? variantions between the best-of-breed and just cheap?