[vdr] Re: Can vdr work without antenna? (play recordings)

Guido Fiala wrote:
Am Tuesday 02 March 2004 19:00 schrieb Gregor Lawatscheck:

Guido Fiala wrote:

Can you send a diff for this modification? I would like to try it here
with my DVB-s if it would work...
LoL *smack on head* heureka - if that works that'd be great news indeed
for all rev 1.3. / rev. 1.5 users who want to use it for replay only /
DVB-T transfer mode . Sometimes solutions seem so easy - why didn't we
think about this one before?  I really hope this workaround turns out to
make a difference.

Mmm - i tried it and it has exactly the opposite effect:

Now the arm-crash is instantly happening.

Gregor - can you (or others) confirm this behaviour?

If yes, this might be an intersting path to search for the error in itself too...
I'll try to make some time to put the rev 1.3 back into business to check this out. Probably on the weekend. Thanks for first impressions Guido.

Maybe the rev 1.5 really is not affected by no signal - just like Oliver Endriss pointed out. After all the one report I got of a supposed rev. 1.5 was detected as a rev 1.3 by the driver, and if that is so maybe it just is no rev 1.5 but a rev 1.3 :).

Dennis - have you tried out whether your setup crashes without your patch?

- Gregor