[vdr] mplayer plugin does not(still)work!

I have compiled MPlayer with dvb option. I don't remember how to specify plugin option within the VDR start command line. I try

VDR -P "mplayer -M /video/plugins" -d   (/video/plugins is the dir where my mplayer.sh is located). Is it right?

But it still does not work. I see(in mplayer.sh)that the first call to echolog function is located just at the beginning of the main and so i think that i MUST see the string argument of this first function call. By running tail -g /val/log/messages i can't see such a string. And so i agree with Juri thinking that mplayer.sh is not called...any suggestion????

Thanks,

 Leo

Andreas Breitenbach wrote:
Juri Haberland wrote:

Leonardo Borelli wrote:

Hello everybody,
i've installed VDR 1.2.6 with mplayer plugin(0.8.3). My MPlayer is 0.92 version. I also use mplayer.sh 0.8.4 My VDR

config dir is /video, so i have put in plugins subdirectory mplayer.sh.conf, mplayer.sh, mplayersources.conf. When
i start VDR wth this plugin all seems to run properly. I can read starting plugin: mplayer Through KVDR i try to
see a mpeg file, but when i try to start the video the mplayer process starts and dies... I can see

mplayer: mplayer child started(pid_1)
mplayer: player thread started(pid_2)
mplayer: player thread ended(pid_2)

And so i can't see anything....

The fact that you don't see something like:
logger: *** Starting mplayer.sh Version 0.8.4
means, that the mplayer-plugin can't find the mplayer.sh script.

Use the -M option to tell the plugin where the script is.

I guess, that is not the problem, otherwise you would not see:

mplayer: mplayer child started(pid_1)

Did you compile the mplayer with dvb-support? This is not activated by default. Try ./configure --help in mplayer
source directory to get the right configure option.

Andreas

	Leonardo Borelli
	Consorzio Pisa Ricerche - MultimEdia & TelemAtic Centre
	Corso Italia, 115 - 56125 Pisa (Italy)
	e-mail: l.borelli@cpr.it
	Tel. +39050915811/ 53 - Fax. +39050915823