[vdr] Re: possible workaround found for DVBs-1.3-signalless operation -> testers required

> I added a frontend reset in the frontend thread, at the beginning of the
> while(1) loop. It now gets called about 10-20 times per minute according to
> the logs.

Ok - will try that too. Reset does not quite as much as init, let's try out,
will tell if i see any difference.

> The difference is huge! Previously things were unwatchable after just a few
> channel changes or XX amount of time, but now I have seen one ARM reset in
> a few hours, and it was very quick and worked fine immediately afterwards
> (typically after an ARM reset it glitches and gets worse and worse until it
> completely crashes and reloads the drivers, but then you've had more than a
> minute of crappy TV).

Exactly. Also if the ARM hangs a sound fragment was played in a loop until
clean restart, very annoying ;-)

> Perhaps if I increase the frequency even more it will get rid of that last
> ARM crash :-)

Maybe there is a way  to do this just "on demand" in the frontend loop, maybe
some register is reflecting that the ves is aquiring some maintainance...
specs would be great.

Guido