[vdr] Re: Proposal for duplicate channel entry in channelslist.

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:01:32 +0200
a.share@t-online.de (Andreas Share) wrote:

> > Hallo,
> >
> > i have a proposal to have a "maybe clean" solution for displaying a
> > channel in channels list more than once.
[...]
> from vdr manpage (vdr.5):
> RID
> The Radio ID of this channel (typically 0, may be used to distinguish
> channels where
> NID, TID and SID are all equal).
>
> You can use the RID to make channels "unique"....just take the same
> entry from channels.conf and change the last "0" to something other.

I know, but what if the selected channel changes some pid ?
The pid-scan process restarts when i tune the other occurrence of the
same channel and eventually the channel gets retuned once again due to
the pid change it can be annoying if it is not "strictly necessary"...
hmmm or maybe i'm missing something here:)

Bye,
   ANgelus.