[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.6: Strange SEGFAULT in libsi/si.h

Am Sonntag, 4. April 2004 20:49 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:

> Perhaps you put in some printfs or use gdb to examine the values in hasNext
> before the crash.
> Currently the only thing I can think of to cause something like this is a
> different thread interfering in the memory area, though I couldn't say
> which, so it would be really interesting to see this in single stepping. If
> the crash occurs only every hour, this is unfortunately impossible.

As I stated in my last mail, in the meantime I can reproduce this. There is a
~80% chance it happens ~10 secs after switching to any channel of the
Bloomberg TV Germany/QVC/VivaPlus/... Transponder. VDR is configured to use
only one card then. This could explain the behaviour, since usually my second
card does EPG scans all the time. I guess it was just switching to that TP
about every hour here.

The fact that this started at a specific point in time (no irradic behaviour
before, although nothing changed in the system) suggests to me that it may be
some broken bit of EIT data sent on that TP.

Greetings,
Sascha