[vdr] Re: any ten minutes restarting vdr

Am Montag, 5. April 2004 18:24 schrieb Ernst Fürst:
> But usually with this problem vdr should run for some hours, not just
> for 10 minutes.
>
> I don't believe this is a software problem. I'm not a developper. But if
> there would be a software problem, there should be a message in the log
> file.

If it is a software problem that the software is catching, yes. If it is a
simple crash, no.

Try compiling and running the following and try to find a log message :-).
(The code writes a byte to the address 0, which causes a crash)

int main(void){char *c=0;*c='a';}

Greetings,
Sascha