[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] Sharemarks Project 0.1

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello everybody,

I would like to announce the release 0.1 of the Sharemarks Project, which is,
we believe, ready for every day usage :-)

The sharemarks project tries to make the exchange of VDR marks possible and
easy. All marks are stored in a central database and are also retrieved from
this central repository.

In a nutshell, it:
- maps a mark from a marks.vdr to a PTS (presentation time stamp) of the video
stream
- stores the generated "PTSmarks" on a web-server
- allows the retrieval of PTSmarks form the web-server, and converts them back
to VDR marks
- does the above as convenient as possible

What do you need:

Perl and the Perl Module LWP::Simple
The Sharemarks-Package from
http://vdrsync.vdr-portal.de/sharemarks/sharemarks-0.1.tgz

How to you use it:

- of course you can  use the program from the command line
- or you control it with your IR remote control via reccmds.conf
- you can also perform an automatic upload of your marks whenever you cut a
recording

Details about features, usage and installation can be found in the
installation package, and (in German)  at

http://vdrsync.vdr-portal.de/sharemarks

Have fun, lots of easter eggs and marks ;-)

Peter