[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.6 black screen.

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Koch wrote on Sat, Apr 17 2004:

>I have recently upgraded to VDR 1.3.6 and I am now
>experiencing occasional black screens: no video, no
>sound on all channels, everything else (OSD, replay)
>continues to work fine. When I restart VDR it usually
>continues to show the black screen for a while and
>then starts to work normally.

I have a similiar experience: my vdr is running 24/7, sometimes (quite
seldom, once every two weeks perhaps) I have a "freeze-frame" (a still
picture) on the screen, which stays regardless if I switch channels.
Sound is okay, but this still picture remains. Sometimes vdr reverts
to normal mode, sometimes I run out of patience and restart it.

The problem has not affected any recordings and occurs here since vdr
1.2.2 (I'm now using vdr 1.3.6 unstable).

>if anyone else is observing this with VDR 1.3.x.

No, sound is always fine, on seldoms occasions I have a still picture.

>I have one FF DVB-S 1.3 and one nova card installed,
>no patches and just the calendar plugin.

I have a Hauppauge Nexus-s Rev 2.2, some plugins and ElchiAIO-4d.

Kind regards  Frederick