[vdr] Re: How to debug recordings menu problems

Andreas Mair wrote:
Hi,

Ingo, in your case I guess it lasts too long to scan the /video folder.
Slow harddisc? No DMA? Big video partition with lots of nested folders?
ReiserFS does a really good job at speeding up directory scans and overall disk access : I noticed 10 to 50 times faster than ext2 / ext3, on various machines (from Cyrix P200+ / 20GB to PIII 1GHz / SCSI). Some ext3 backups were impossible with tar on large disks, and are totally in-time with ReiserFS.

NH