[vdr] VDR 1.3.6 alternative output

Hi,

since I managed to fry my second ff dvbs card in just 2 months (I'm not doing anything naughty, i swear !) it'll take some time till i get a replacement.

Any tips on what I should / could use in the meantime ?

I'm even willing to fire up X11 if necessary, but would prefer not to install it.

Also, output to a TV is a must, output to the monitor is not acceptable.
(I've got some rather cheap but recent nvidia card, so this should be ok I guess).

So, I'd be helpfull if someone could suggest some stable solution for using a normal graphics card as an output device. How stable are such output solutions ?

kind regards Philip