[vdr] Re: Vdr and DVI-out + 5.1 AC-3

> > I want to be able to get the VDR output (from DVD-plugin and for
watching
> > recordings and livetv) on my MATROX MILLENNIUM G450 for use with my
SANYO
> > PLV-Z2. Today I'm using the composite-out, with feels a bit limited.
> >
> > 1) Will the RGB-out give a good-enough solution not to bother with
getting
> > the output to the gfx-card?
> >

> RGB should be sufficient for most TV's. I don't know the Sanyo PLV-Z2,
> whats the screen size?
> It would also be helpfull to know more details about your hardware,
> especially the DVB card type.

I use about a 100 inch screen size. It's a 16:9 projector. And I have one TT
DVB-C card in the system, along with a Matrox card mentioned above.

> > 2) Are there any stable options for doing so? Directfb vs Xv-xine vs
> > softdevice vs ...  It's a bit confusing and documentation seems to be
> > trailing.
>
> You should take a look at tvtime ( http://tvtime.sourceforge.net ). It
> uses a X server and thus the gfx-card output. Further it features a nice
> deinterlacer and some other goodies like 16:9 output.

Thanks, but this is a VDR mailing list and I want to stick with VDR.
I'm a bit surprised that no one with experience in this field want to share
their
Experiences - not even the plugin authors apparently...

I guess I'll start playing around with directfb then and I'll see where I
end up.

Stefan