[vdr] Re: Vdr and DVI-out + 5.1 AC-3

Hallo Stefan,

Stefan Norberg schrieb:

I want to be able to get the VDR output (from DVD-plugin and for watching
recordings and livetv) on my MATROX MILLENNIUM G450 for use with my SANYO
PLV-Z2. Today I'm using the composite-out, with feels a bit limited.

1) Will the RGB-out give a good-enough solution not to bother with getting
the output to the gfx-card?

RGB should be sufficient for most TV's. I don't know the Sanyo PLV-Z2, whats the screen size?
It would also be helpfull to know more details about your hardware, especially the DVB card type.

2) Are there any stable options for doing so? Directfb vs Xv-xine vs
softdevice vs ... It's a bit confusing and documentation seems to be
trailing.

You should take a look at tvtime ( http://tvtime.sourceforge.net ). It uses a X server and thus the gfx-card output. Further it features a nice deinterlacer and some other goodies like 16:9 output.

--
Thomas Weber