[vdr] Re: DEBUG_OSD in 1.3.x

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 15:35, Jeremy Hall wrote:
> UH will the plugin be distributed with 1.3.7? If you're going to remove
> the console support from the main core code, will you write the plugin
> that replaces its functionality?
>
> I use DEBUG_OSD daily and would not like to have to write my own plugin to
> interface with the UI.  I cannot use vdr without it.

If you need real OSD and DEBUG_OSD at the same time, you could use the
remote plugin. Option -T will provide you with a text console plus OSD,
a telnet connection can be used with option -p.

Note that it's not a full-featured OSD, but everything which is reported
through the cStatus class will be displayed. I spent some effort to make
it OSD look-alike. I'll switch to the new OSD plugin interface asap.

Oliver