[vdr] Re: Some hardware-questions

> Checked it out but my German is non existant... What are the two strange
> sockets above the Epia backplane - the gold one and the one that looks
> like Peritel?

That is the connector for connecting the parallel-port to the IR-port... The
second connector is not really clear (yet) for me..

> I think that the fan blowing air over the PCI cards is useless. It
> should be above the card and sucking air out of the box. In the present
> case it is just moving the air from the card to everywhere else.

Under the cards are holes in the case.. so that should push the air somewhat
out from there..

I just placed an order, and I ordered it with an external 110w power.. This
makes the case less warm, so I think that the case could manage with the 2
cards..

René

ps. Can anyone give some hints from where I should order my Epia M2 10000
Nehemiah board? cartft.com sells it for the moment for 188,40 Euro + 14,5
shipping & handling delivered by DHL to Finland.