[vdr] Re: Some hardware-questions

Le dim 02/05/2004 à 21:32, Rene Hertell a écrit :

> So you mean that the Hollywood-card will be useless when the onboard
> hw-acceleration starts to work?

It may have better performance but in principle will be redundant

> I could not find any exact info about the M12000 processor, but I suppose
> that it will not noticeably warmer than the M10000. Am I right?

That isn't clear yet. We are still wondering if it is an overclocked
M10000

> What do you think about the Rebach-case? Have you heard anything about it?
> It looks nice, has nice features and it also looks like they have thought
> about ventilation for the PCI-cards.. It is also quite wide, so the air can
> circulate quite well inside it..

Checked it out but my German is non existant... What are the two strange
sockets above the Epia backplane - the gold one and the one that looks
like Peritel?

I think that the fan blowing air over the PCI cards is useless. It
should be above the card and sucking air out of the box. In the present
case it is just moving the air from the card to everywhere else.

It does have something I wish my hush had - an IR receiver window.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit