[vdr] Re: Handling of reccmds.conf and commands.conf

Bjorn Andersson wrote:

	The /etc hierarchy contains configuration files. A
	"configuration file" is a local file used to control the
	operation of a program; it must be static and cannot be an
	executable binary.
Everything in /etc/init.d is executable... so Debian seems to be not very strict about this... but thats another topic.

Note: "it must be static".
That's right. And thats the reason, I don't want the generated reccmds.conf or commands.conf there.

Maybe /var/lib/vdr/ would be the proper location for these files, from the
That seems to be the right place for i.e. the timers.conf. But what about the channels.conf? It can and sometimes needs to be edited by hand and can also be changed by vdr. And as the reccmds/commands.conf are generated on each start of vdr (in the debian package), /var/cache/vdr or /tmp or /var/tmp seem to be the right place for this files to me. But independently from where the files should be, all of vdr's conf files should probably not be in the same directory. And thererefore I will end up with patching vdr or at least symlinking all the files to one directory.

Tobias