[vdr] Re: Bitstream out and Logitech Z-680

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 08:09:19PM +0200, Are Årseth wrote:

> Dr. Werner Fink said:
> > Maybe I should add a new option:  Open the soundcards S/P-DIF out
> > as real audio PCM out because Logitech Z-680 doesn't handle AC3
> > encapsulated in PCM forwarded with the standard none audio S/P-DIF
> > transport protocol.
> >
> > Could you please check this with a simple one liner change in
> >
> >        bitstreamout/spdif.c at line 380:
> >
> > just change
> >
> >         ch.status[0] = IEC958_AES0_NONAUDIO;

> >         ch.status[0] = 0;
> >
> > and report the result, many thanks ;^)
>

> Ok, I changed it here and recompiled
>     if (test_setup(AUDIO)) {
>         opt.audio = true;
>         ch.status[0] = 0;
>     } else {
>         opt.audio = false;
>         ch.status[0] = 0; //IEC958_AES0_NONAUDIO;
>     }
>
> But still no luck :( The Logitech says Detecting..... for a long time and
> then no sound. MP2 audio from nonAC3 channels works, but they are about
> half a second delayed after the video.

Hmmm ... then the PCM_START sequence seems to the wrong one for this
Receiver.  Maybe you help me to track this down.  Within bitstreamout/spdif.c
at line 171 ff:

                // Start frame, PCM_START frames seems to be ignored by decoders
                const frame_t init = stream->Frame(PCM_START);

please replace this with

                // Start frame, PCM_WAIT frames seems to be ignored by decoders
                const frame_t init = stream->Frame(PCM_WAIT);

to see if this will help the Z-680 to detect the following AC-3 frames
within the PCM stream.

> I also know that the Z-680 can recieve at least DTS streams through the
> Optical out of my C-Media chip, because I can play the "WAV" files on this
> page: http://www.sr.se/multikanal/english/e_index.stm as DTS streams with
> aplay.

No problem,  I'm abel to replay DTS with bitstreamout and the Receiver also
accepts DTS CD-Audio ... only for LiveTV or LiveRadio I've no check on
Astra S19.2E.

      Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/