[vdr] Re: Bind EPG-Scan to a specified card ?

> > for
> > >
> > > What would be the difference?
> >
> > This was just an idea. In mixed setups (eg. 2 FF and one budget card)
the
> > budget card initialise as third card. If we record only FTA there is no
> > difference, but if we use a ca-interface, the best place to connect it
is
> > the second card. And so will the first recording block the card with the
> > ca-interface (if there is no live view via transfer mode from the second
> > card at the moment). I think this needs only reversed card checking
(high
> > device num -> low instead low -> high), and it is a little bit more
> > transparent to the user.
>
> Well, that applies to your personal setup.
> On my machine I also have two FF and one budget card, but the FF cards
> are the first and the third one - so your suggestion wouldn't work here.

I also thinking about starting the budget driver before the FF driver, but
than i run into some trouble with the mplayer-plugin, because mplayer uses
the first dvb device.

> Emil wrote in his posting, that cards with CA are used last, but I'm
> afraid this only applied to older versions of VDR, where the "cacaps"
> was used to assign devices to CA modes. I guess I need to look into
> cDvbDevice::ProvidesCa() to make this work as before.

Nice:)

Or, just an suggestion, what do you think about to introduce a recording
priority order setup option in a following version?

Andreas