[vdr] Re: Audio/video sync problems

Hello Mike

On Friday 07 May 2004 23:59, Mike Frisch wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I am not always that fast.

> > -or whether this is something unspecific, which means that the delay
> > changes during the movie (synchron at the beginning, an then a gap
> > apears that grows or similar). This is most likley a VDRsync issue,
> > and I would like to get some debug Logs, so that I can improve VDRsync
>
> I think I am experiencing the second problem...  the audio delay is not
> consistent (different at the beginning of the video as compared to the
> middle or the end).  I have logged the debug output (from -d) of
> vdrsync.pl to a file.  Should I email that to you directly?

Yes, please.

> Does Pvastrumento run under Linux?  I was under the impression that it
> was a Windows app.  I was happy to see that I could run ProjectX under
> Linux, however it just makes a mess of the demux.

I never used it, but many people use it with the help of wine. I think there
is a statically linked version that makes running it under wine pretty easy.
But as I said, I never tried it myself.

As a general remark: I am (again) rewriting VDRsync right now, and for the
first time I think if got the syncing mechnism right, even for broken
recordings. Unfortunately the next version is not yet ready for release, and
it contains a few known bugs (in addition to plenty unknown ;-)), but several
people reported excellent results with recordings that were totally
out-of-sync with older versions. If you want to give the latest sanpshot a
try, then just let me know, and I will mail a copy. But be warned that this
is really not yet ready.

Cheers

Peter