[vdr] Re: AW: Re: concept issue: storage location for "days_to_life"

Schuett Thomas EXT wrote:

> >Having a localized "Re:" prefix is one of the worst things ever
> >done - if I ever get to meet whoever did this, I'll probably make
> >shure he doesn't procreate...
>
> Guess again ...

I was not referring to _you_, but rather to the individual who first
came up with the crazy idea if implementing this into an email client.

I remeber the times when we got our first Unix machines at Siemens.
Of course they had a German Unix, and those goofballs who translated
the program texts even translated the "From:" and "To:" headers (into
"Von:" and "An:"), so that we were unable to send email to other Unix
systems with correct headers...

> > Well, AFAICS there still was no proper header line in it
> >(I've already deleted the other messages).
>
> Fair enough. I hope you left the unrelated ramdisk hint,
> so others may use it.

I didn't mean that i had deleted them from the mailinglist's archive
(I'm not the maintainer of this list). I just deleted them from my
inbox.

> BTW: The undeleted timer entries turned
> out to probably have been a self made problem plus and a communication
> error with the main user :-> of the installation.
>
> >> BTW: Please only quote, if necessary ;-)
> >Look who's talking!
> >Yeah, that's what I like: breaking threads and then lecturing other people...
>
> Yes, but I hope you saw the smiley. I know to whom I am talking,

"Look who's talking" didn't mean that _you_ should be aware of who _you_
are talking to (I don't consider myself _that_ special ;-).
This is an idiom that would translate into German as "Da redet der richtige".

> but I just couln't resist. Sorry :-)

Klaus