[vdr] Re: remux.c: splitting PES packets into 2048 byte blocks

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:04:56AM +0200, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's the reason for splitting PES packets into smaller ones with 2048 (=
> IPACKS) bytes?
>
> I have a problem with that, when I want to replay dolby audio (AC3) with
> xine. xine's demuxer currently expects the AC3 data to be supplied in one
>  big block (the original PES packet, as it was transmitted in the TS).

The remuxer does NOT refill any of the AC3 data from the original
TS stream into some other PES packet format.
The format of the PES packet within the TS stream depends on the station
(ZDF, Pro7, Sat.1) ... this what I've found out for the bitstreamout
plugin.

       Werner
--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/