[vdr] Re: fbxine vdr-xine matrox problem

Hi,

Joerg Riechardt wrote:

fbxine -V fb -A alsa --stdctl vdr://video/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
gives the output "time: 0" and no picture
another thing I noticed is that the 3 stream* files have size 0, which is probably wrong, but why?
No, that's ok, as these files are fifos.

I just tried your commandline myself and it works. I also get "time: 0" when I quit fbxine with Ctrl+C, but in the meantime, I can watch TV.

The difference is, that I use vesafb, although I also own a Matrox G550 (I just haven't tried using the special matrox fb driver). This is the output of fbset -i:

mode "1280x1024-77"
# D: 131.096 MHz, H: 80.328 kHz, V: 76.649 Hz
geometry 1280 1024 1280 1024 16
timings 7628 160 32 16 4 160 4
rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
Name : VESA VGA
Address : 0xf8000000
Size : 16777216
Type : PACKED PIXELS
Visual : TRUECOLOR
XPanStep : 0
YPanStep : 0
YWrapStep : 0
LineLength : 2560
Accelerator : No

Maybe you get more info from fbxine, if you add '--verbose=2' to fbxine's command line.

Another useful output driver for this Matrox card is vidix. Just change the command line to '-V vidixfb'. This driver even works without '--stdctl'.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de