[vdr] Re: Help needed

Thanks for the feedback and help.  I'll try out Mplayer.

I should have provided a bit of detail on my system -- I'm running Mandrake 10
on a P-4 3.4Ghz (with hyperthreading), the Vision Card, 1Gb of RAM and a
Nvidia FX 5600 with 256 Meg.

In windows I use the Nvidia card's TV out to view on a TV.  Is that
sufficient?  It uses Interlink or Elecard graphs to decode.  Interlink seems
to be better then the others but regardless I seem to get skips and stutters
when I try to record. (Methinks it's a windows issue -- not for here).

Nvidia drivers do allow for the video cloning to a TV-OUT.  I was going to
look further into that after I was able to actually see something using VDR.

Does Mplayer allow me to get to the menus of VDR to do system setup and such?
I can't even do that at this point.

Thanks again!
Norm