[vdr] Re: Help needed

Norm Dressler wrote:

Which software are you using as a soft mpeg decoder?
mplayer is all you need...

I've gotten further now. I've been able to use SCAN to locate available channels, done a szap to a test channel and I'm getting a FE_LOCK so I'm able to lock onto a channel but mplayer doesn't show anything (using mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0) so I'm thinking that I need a soft mpeg decoder to actually see the channel now.

Try to configure mplayer with the following option:

./configure --with-dvbincdir=/usr/local/src/DVB/include

Adjust the include dir to your actual source of the DVB-driver.

When starting "mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0" you should see something similar to this:

Playing /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.
TS file format detected.
DEMUX OPEN, AUDIO_ID: -1, VIDEO_ID: -1, SUBTITLE_ID: -1,
PROBING UP TO 2000000, PROG: 0

You can add -vid [17-8190] -aid [17-8190] to your mplayer command line to specify the audio and video pids (see man mplayer for details).

If all this doesn't work, let me see the mplayer output.

André.