[vdr] Re: kvdr-0.61 and xv?

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 09:31:28AM +0200, Guido Fiala wrote:

> ups, its just called xvattr, set brightness contrast, background color ... and
> kills some XServers ;-)

I have just installed it know :-)

> Transitions? You mean the frame2frame transition aka deinterlacing?

Well, I don't know exactly... The problem I have with kvdr is that I
have perfect video, than a small glitch, then perfect video, then a
glitch... which is just annoying.

> I just meant the software side.

OK :-)

> I add for i815: despite that the xvinfo tells me i can have 1440x1050 pixel
> xvimage at maximum i can not use anything higher than 600x500 pixels or so.

Well, I always use 1600x1200 for my xv in fullscreen :-)

> You have only 3 options here: whether you live with the interlacing artifacts
> or you use a a (cpu-intensive) software-deinterlacer which does basically
> nothing more than smoothing out or you use progressive scan ("50Hz")
>
> Or one can simply wait unless no interlaced material is broadcasted anymore
> which could be soon if analog equiment is dying out.
>
> I still wonder how interlaced material can be compressed at 25 fps at all -
> wont this produce horrible much difference between consecutive frames in the
> sense of MPEG compression?

Well, my solution for know is to use xv in 1600x1200@75 Hz which produce
a perfekt video with xawtv (but it lacks pip that I really like from
your kvdr).

Maybe you could explain me why if I open another xawtv with
xawtv -c /dev/v4l/video1 -noxv -geometry 154x116+1395+241 &
I only get a black screen?

	Grégoire
http://algebra.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index