[vdr] Re: Softdevice + DirectFB + cle266

Stefan Lucke wrote:

On Dienstag, 8. Juni 2004 12:58, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

[ .. ]

-> more or less OT (to the guys that own an EPIA) :

Since EPIA boards have a buildin hardware decoder it would be better
to have a separate plugin like dxr3-plugin for them.
I am compiling libsoftmpeg and the softmpeg plugin from linuxtv.org.
From the low-activity mailing-list, it seems that there is at least experimental support for the HW decoder.
But the plugin is for VDR 1.3.x, and I currently use 1.2.6... Don't know if I will go very far yet.

[ .. ]

-> about softdevice DirectFB :
* what is the status of the DirectFB code ?
It compiles for me but due to some problems (vesafb vs. radeonfb)
it is not running on my system.
I can now reproduce the behaviour : I always see the same blue screen without cursor, no crash but no video and no OSD. VDR logs are quite normal, and SVDRP comands are executed.
I think it is a matter of some tweaking in the parameters of the frame-buffer (pixel layout, video overlay, screen size...) I tried to change some things in the video_dfb.c code, but I don't know where to start and what information could help defining the right values.

In fact, I actually saw the OSD using directFB on sunday evening, but I can't reproduce... I remember that the video capabilities reported by softdevice about the CLE266 where quite weak, just as if the frame buffer was vesafb, not viafb. But /var/log/message says I had just loaded the viafb module before it worked... Maybe I had a strange mix of vesafb compiled in the kernel and viafb compiled as a module, both loaded in memory...

-> about softdevice Xv :
* since it seems to be more maintained, I could use this output method, but I don't know where to start from
* I surely don't want the whole X11 stuff loaded : is it mandatory, or is there a light setup that would work ?

X11 is mandatory for Xv-out. No light setup yet.
I'll go that way if I can't make the framebuffer work correctly.

Thanks,

NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index