[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.11 crashes with games plugin 0.6.1

Bernd Oefinger a écrit :
My problem is that VDR crashes whenever I start this plugin. This is
completely reproducable. It never worked yet.

I'm using version 0.6.1 of vdr-games plugin. It compiles without problems, VDR
starts without problems and the menu entry "games" is displayed in OSD. When
I select it to play games VDR crashes (segmentation fault).

I tried to go back to version 0.6.0 but it doesn't compile with this version
of VDR. The changes between version 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 are only in screen.cpp
and the Makefile. This sounds logical because the older version didn't compile
due to an error in screen.cpp.

Does anybody have the same problem?
Anyone running games plugin successfully with VDR 1.3.11?
How do I debug the plugin/provide more useful information?
I didn't find the tarball of version 0.6.1 anywhere in the net again and I didn't note where I got it from. Seems to be no official release.

The history file got some additional lines (compared to 0.6.0):
2004-05-23: Version 0.6.1
updated to work with vdr >1.3.7 (thx Sascha Volkenandt)
fixed compile error by adding -D_GUN_SOURCE (thx Manfred Schmidt-Voigt)

My kernel version is 2.6.7-gentoo-r4-0 (Gentoo). I am using the DVB drivers provided by the linux kernel. Besides the games plugin problem VDR and the
other plugins (femon e.g.) work like a charm.

Personally I could live without the games plugin but my girlfriend became addicted to it (especially tetris) :-)

Regards,
Bernd

I have the same problem here on a Debian, I could not use the game plugin since VDR 1.3.6 and games 0.6.0. I know that it works with a woody but it doesn't work with a sarge or a sid... I think that there is a new lib that breaks everything ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index