[vdr] Re: vdr 1.3.11: increased cpu usage & increased rc response time

weak wrote:

> since 1.3.11 it takes rather long (about 5-10 secs) until vdr responds to
> an rc command. this seems to be connected to an increased cpu usage.
>
> my cpu usage, usually about 5%, reaches 100% constantly in intervals of
> approximately 5 seconds. this problem has been reported by several users on
> vdrportal.de aswell.

Do you have a large channels.conf? I had this problem as well, until I
deleted most of my channels.conf and zapped through the rest to get it
updated. I also deleted epg.data.

Now, with epg.data again over 1 MB and channels.conf grown to more than
700 lines, I have again more than 10% CPU usage on an Athlon-700
(normally it was below 5%). But the peaks every 5-6 seconds are still
gone.

Regards...
		Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index