[vdr] Re: vdr 1.3.11: increased cpu usage & increased rc response time

At 15:14 26.06.2004 +0200, i wrote:
hi,

since 1.3.11 it takes rather long (about 5-10 secs) until vdr responds to an rc command. this seems to be connected to an increased cpu usage.

my cpu usage, usually about 5%, reaches 100% constantly in intervals of approximately 5 seconds. this problem has been reported by several users on vdrportal.de aswell.

somehow the problem seems to be caused by the epg data. after removing my 'epg.data' file the cpu usage stays at normal levels. generating new epg data makes no difference and the same epg file seems to work for other users.

Bye, Miko

ps: i'm using a p2-350 with 256mb ram, tested with vdr 1.3.11 vanilla without any plugins
hi again,

the high cpu load occurs if you have a large amount of timers.

the function Timers.SetEvents() (vdr.c line 580) is called every 5 seconds and parses through timers and channel schedules. i had some autotimers running within vdradmin and therefore a lot of timers in my timers.conf. seems like that was too much for my p2-350.

if you have the problem described above i'd recommend to disable autotimers and reduce the number of timers meanwhile.

bye, miko

Home | Main Index | Thread Index