[vdr] Re: vdr integration into Freevo

Dirk Meyer wrote:
I'm one of the developers of Freevo (freevo.sf.net) and own a DVB-T
Hi guys, so am I. :)

and recording DVB is vdr. And if you don't have a full featured card,
it makes no sense to play avi files with vdr and send the output to
xine with vdr-xine.
Isn't that backwards? Most people using vdr-xine and softdevice have budget cards.

1. I way to display vdr on budget cards. vdr-xine looks good.
Also softdevice, softmpeg, streamdev.

On the other hand, for full featured cards I need a dvb-sdl frontend
to display Freevo on the card.
I don't think the OSD for the full featured cards is capable of displaying menus and graphics like the Freevo skins, memory isues and such. It might be possible to emulate how the dxr3 sdl output driver works by converting everything into mpeg and then sending that to the card.

Being a full featured card owner myself, I don't, and would rather not even use the tv-out on this card. I am perfectly happy with using DirectFB on my G400 and IMO it is more flexible, especially for Freevo because we spawn more programs than for just watching tv, none of which support tv-out on ff dvb cards.

-Rob

Home | Main Index | Thread Index