[vdr] Re: vdr integration into Freevo

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 07:48 +1000, Michal Dobrzynski wrote:

> Being a budget card owner who first spent $200 to get a Matrox G550
> with SCART RGB out only to be EXTREMELY dissatisfied with it's
> performance in general (and ESPECIALLY under Linux) I take some
> exception to your attempt to steer Dirk away from utilizing the TV out
> on the full featured cards.

Was it the picture quality or the setup hassles that gave you that
impression?

I have been using radeon cards in the past, and tried to switch to a
G550 then a G450 using either DVI or analogue output, to ease the setup
under linux, only to find the quality of the overlay video rendering to
be much worse than what the radeons provided. I'm not sure what the
exact issues were, but I found the picture washed out/blurred and I
could never get tear free syncing under either windows or linux.

Too bad the radeonfb support under linux is so bad. I had to enter modes
into source code to make it work with 1280x720 resolutions.

--
-Torgeir

Home | Main Index | Thread Index