[vdr] normal audio output via soundcard not via dvb-audio out???

Hi all,

my Siemens DVB rev1.3 card makes the sound a little bit dirty on hi frequencies. So I thought it would be nice to have audio via my onboard soundcard. The latest mp3-plugin from Stefan Huelswitt has the possibility of choosing audio output between via dvb or oss device. With his last patch i got from him via mail it works realy well. The sound via oss is clear and good for me. So is there an idea how to output the normal stereo sound from vdr via soundcard too?

I tried to start vdr with the option

--audio='mplayer -'

but it has no effect. There is no signal on the audio out off my soundcard.
A simple

cat test mp3 | mplayer -

does work.

So how is this option "--audio" meant?

Thx for replies.
Marten

--
Hi! I'm a signature virus, copy me in your ~/.signature to help me spread.