[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.7pre1

On Dienstag, 13. Juli 2004 10:59, Juha Pahkala wrote:
> Stefan Lucke said:

[ .. ]

> > These are error messages from ffmpeg due to damaged stream.
> >
> > Upon startup I get the same errors. I think they are related to vdr who
> > does a scan through video directory and some other threads are blocked
> > (no reaction upon keyborad events).
> >

> Another question. Does softdevice use its own copy of ffmpeg or a shared
> library? If it uses the shared library I have installed (0.4.8 I guess)
> maybe updating it could help in this regard, no?

Softdevice uses the ffpmeg version you specified in Makefile. By default
it is set to /usr/local/ffmpeg. My testing version is a cvs snapshot from
early february this year.

Do the error happen with recorings or live view ?

Your CPU Ghz should be OK.

From vdrportal I got an other hint but no feedback. So please
change in mpeg2decoder.c about line 325 from:
      if (validPTS /*&& context->coded_frame->pict_type == FF_I_TYPE*/) {
to:
      if (validPTS && context->coded_frame->pict_type == FF_I_TYPE) {

That was a fix for some DVB-T stations in finnland.

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index