[vdr] ffmpeg errors with softdevice (was: Re: [ANNOUNCE]vdr-softdevice-0.0.7pre1)

Stefan Lucke <stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> writes:

>> ac-tex damaged at 0 28
>> skiped MB in I frame at 1 29
>> ac-tex damaged at 0 30
>
> These are error messages from ffmpeg due to damaged stream.
>
> Upon startup I get the same errors. I think they are related to vdr who
> does a scan through video directory and some other threads are blocked
> (no reaction upon keyborad events).

I get the same errors upon startup or when I change channel. But, most
of the time the errors are persistent.

The only workaround I've found is to block vcd process for a while
(I/O blocking on the xterm where vdr is running). Then I get an error
free display.