[vdr] Re: ffmpeg errors with softdevice (was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.7pre1)

On Sonntag, 18. Juli 2004 15:17, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Stefan Lucke <stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> writes:
>
> >> ac-tex damaged at 0 28
> >> skiped MB in I frame at 1 29
> >> ac-tex damaged at 0 30
> >
> > These are error messages from ffmpeg due to damaged stream.
> >
> > Upon startup I get the same errors. I think they are related to vdr who
> > does a scan through video directory and some other threads are blocked
> > (no reaction upon keyborad events).
>
> I get the same errors upon startup or when I change channel. But, most
> of the time the errors are persistent.
>
> The only workaround I've found is to block vcd process for a while
> (I/O blocking on the xterm where vdr is running). Then I get an error
> free display.

I did a test with Suse 9.0 default kernel 2.4.21-192-default. So I no longer
get those ffmpeg error messages. Picture comes up instantly and there
are no delays on channel switches. So these problems are either kernel or
dvb driver related (my other enviroment is kernel 2.4.27-pre5 with
linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 drivers).