[vdr] Re: ffmpeg errors with softdevice

Stefan Lucke <stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> writes:

>> The only workaround I've found is to block vcd process for a while
>> (I/O blocking on the xterm where vdr is running). Then I get an error
>> free display.
>
> I did a test with Suse 9.0 default kernel 2.4.21-192-default. So I no longer
> get those ffmpeg error messages. Picture comes up instantly and there
> are no delays on channel switches. So these problems are either kernel or
> dvb driver related (my other enviroment is kernel 2.4.27-pre5 with
> linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 drivers).

Let me try with latest kernel (2.6.7), vdr (1.3.12) and softdevice
(0.0.7pre1).

But since the problem disapear when I stop vdr process, I think
there's a timing issue between some buffers that are emptied before
they are filled or vice-versa.

Regarding timing, the biggest difference between your setup and mine
is the pre-emptive kernel. I'll try to disable this feature to see if
it changes anything.