[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.2 plugin

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

- New feature for Live-TV mode: "soft-start" replays the stream in slow motion
while buffering. Useful for zapping, where you'll see an image of the current
program quite early. The stream speed starts now at 50 %, slows down to 25 %
and then speeds up to 100 %. This happens within the prebuffer time, so you
should increase it (e. g. to 50) if you experience problems.

I don't know if this feature is causing the problem, but with this release of the plugin xine "freezes" after changing channels (not always but quite frequently), it seems just after doing this trick (i.e when speed has supposedly reached 100%). Sometimes if I wait long enough (a minute or so) it will start working again, sometimes pressing "q" will unlock video but no audio and xine won't respond to any keypress. Sometimes pressing "q" would end xine. Most of the times though I have to kill xine and run it again (vdr itself is still working). I took the xine snapshot from the plugin home page, and I tried increasing the prebuffer time with no success.

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -