[vdr] Re: ring buffer overflows when using network

Hello,

I got such errors, if media is too slow. If a harddisk does not run in
DMA mode,
vdr is not able to write fast enough, so ring buffer will overflow. Same can
happen on network. Please verify, if
- network is running at 100 MB full duplex
- server is able to write data fast enough
check your datarate with bonnie. Try to use local harddisk in DMA mode.
If you still get these errors, something weird happened while building
vdr and/or dvb drivers. Normally ring buffer overflows should never occure.

you should check list archive, I think that was discussed before. It
would be
a good idea to explain this error in an faq document.

Christian

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

>My vdr reports ring buffer overflows if I use the network.  It does not
>matter if I use the streamdev plugin to send out traffic, or if I use

Home | Main Index | Thread Index