[vdr] Starting runvdr at startup whle using xine-vdr plugin

Hello:

I have finally succeeded in installing the xine-vdr plugin and am now
able to watch VDR on my linux box using my budget-ttusb !

Had tried a while back with versions 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 but was
unsuccessful then.  Many thanks to those of you who developed it.

Have a question though that I know has been partially answered many
times on this list, but using your advice from the archives I have still
been unsuccessful.

I would like to be able to start vdr at startup so that I can simply
launch zine and watch tele without having to start up vdr each time.

Have of course attempted to start the programme in init-tab and even
tried setting up a launch script in the init.d folder.

These do start up vdr at launch, however when VDR is launched this way,
I am only able to watch the output if I login as root and not as any
other user.  I assume because it outputs to x as root.

Since my family and I all watch tele on this box, I do not want to
always have to log in as root.  Does anyone have any advice.

Thanks for your help.

David

./runvdr "'-Pxine -r'"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index