[vdr] Re: Starting runvdr at startup whle using xine-vdr plugin

Andy and David Higgins Thompson wrote:
Hello:

These do start up vdr at launch, however when VDR is launched this way,
I am only able to watch the output if I login as root and not as any
other user.  I assume because it outputs to x as root.

Since my family and I all watch tele on this box, I do not want to
always have to log in as root.  Does anyone have any advice.

Thanks for your help.

David

known.

just create and add the users to "video" group.

look at system log for the video device nr., goto /dev, chgrp to video, chmod "crw-rw----" for /dev/..videox frontendx, ...

but didnt work on debian for me, last resort: crw-rw-rw

good luck

Home | Main Index | Thread Index