[vdr] Re: vdr with dxr3 & dvb subtitles leaking memory

On Tuesday 20 Jul 2004 21:45, Christian Gmeiner wrote:

> > I uncommented one usleep(10000) line from there. Was that the correct
> > action to do?
>
> There should be _two_ usleep(10000) to uncomment!

I'm seeing glitches when playing back recordings (live TV seems pretty much
OK). The dxr3plugin.log reports:

cDxr3AudioDecoder::Decode Found different audio header -> init
cDxr3AduioDecoder::Decode Old header 0xff new header 0x70a4fcff
cDxr3AudioDecoder::Decode Sample rate = 48000
cDxr3AudioDecoder::Decode channels = 2

when this happens (where the new header varies but ends in 4fcff). Bizarrely,
I cannot hear an audio glitch but it is obvious in the video! Not sure if
this is due to erros in the stream or what. The audio-video sync can drift
quite drastically, too. From what I remember, this was during replay of
recordings only. Sometimes, it doesn't seem to 'lock on' to the start of a
recording, giving lots of glitches. Cured by jumping forward!

Maybe some of the problems are caused by the plugin grabbing all the CPU time!

What do the usleep statements do? I had a brief look at the code but couldn't
work it out.

Recordings from radio channels, i.e. audio only, do not play back well: after
a few secods playback, it starts breaking up and then goes silent until the
watchdog timer expires. The same audio recordings play back perfectly with
mpg123 or similar.

> > I also couldn't find pre2 version you mentioned (later in this thread)
> > from sourceforge. Is it available?
>
> It not yet available yet....

Keep at it!

;)

I'm using vdr-1.3.12 with dvb and em8300 drivers from CVS, and kernel 2.6.7.

Hope some of the above helps!

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index