[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.2 plugin

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
Hi,

Luca Olivetti wrote:

Isn't that strange: it was working perfectly for almost two weeks now, but yesterday evening I realized the same behaviour.

But I couldn't reproduce it anymore.

A first try to solve the issue might be the following patch:

http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.4.2-1.patch.gz

It reduces the number of dots written to console to only two (the first and the last one). Furthermore, it sends no more than 20 speed changes to xine. These fixes should reduce CPU load dramatically.
No luck, it still does the same.

Please check, how many frames get dropped now. In my case it were typically 3 to 5 before and after the patch, so I have no idea, if it works now.
Around 150

If you find time to experiment, you might want to replace the cos() function by some other function, that issues even fewer speed changes, e. g. just the discreate values 25 %, 50 %, 75 %, 100 %, each after a quarter of the slow start period.

Tried that, no luck. Now, I'm starting to suspect a local
configuration/compile/whatever problem: I took xineDevice.c from 0.4.1
and it hangs too from time to time:

VDR: flush buffers (vb: 0, ab: 0, vf: 0, af: 0) done.
prebuffer=108000 pts
video discontinuity #30, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for audio discontinuity #30
audio discontinuity #30, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for in_discontinuity update #30
vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 3215220
load_plugins: plugin mad will be used for audio streamtype 01.
audio_oss_out: ao_open rate=48000, mode=8, dev=/dev/dsp
audio_oss_out: audio rate : 48000 requested, 48000 provided by device
audio_oss_out: 2 channels output
output sample rate 48000
audio jump, diff=-7049052693
inserting 3758624895 0-frames to fill a gap of 7049142661 pts
video discontinuity #31, type is 0, disc_off 0
waiting for audio discontinuity #31
ao_close
no streams left, closing driver

(then after a couple minutes resumed playing).
Tried rebuilding the whole 0.4.1 (instead of using only xineDevice.c) and it still does the same (even with the old version of xine).

Bye.

--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -